Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas Cheer

Can you believe that Christmas is not even two weeks away?

Are you ready?

This year I can safely say that I am...not.

Presents have been bought and are hiding in my closet but most of the decorations are still not out and may not make it this year.

It has been a crazy-busy time with other activities going on, kids and me being sick and trying to keep up with piles of laundry both dirty and clean and the Christmas decorating has fallen by the wayside.

We have yet to have our annual gingerbread decorating and the nativity scenes are still in their boxes.

Even without all of the decorations out we have lots of Christmas cheer!

Today I am sharing a layout with you that shows just that:

 

To start off my page I layered two sheets of patterned paper from the Cable Knit kit cutting just 1/4" from each side of the text/poinsettia paper. I trimmed the trees in the background from another piece of patterned paper using scissors and a craft knife and adhered that piece to my page next.


I am not a stamper by any means but I loved the stamp set in this month's kit and decided to use it (and some mustard ink) on my background. I also added some ink splatters to bring in more of the blue color. 


One of my favorite things about Noel's kits is the mix of alpha possibilities. This month we got the Christmas words along with this large green sticker from Fancy Pants. I used the white gel pen from the kit to add faux stitching and help the green alpha stand out more. 

I adhered my photo to a piece of patterned paper and then added some of the gorgeous self-adhesive red lace trim to the bottom of the picture. I tucked a snowflake under the edge of the photo and added a piece of gold trim to the Fancy Pants envelope and adhered that to my page. I used some Pebbles cardstock accents along with that cute little green deer (♥) and used some of the buttons and a wood veneer snowflake as well. I finished off the page with stars from the word sticker sheet and from the enamel My Mind's Eye stickers. 


We hope that you are enjoying the holiday season so far! 

Thanks for stopping by today. 

Make sure and check out all of the great new products in the Noel Mignon store


Come back and see us again soon!


1 comment:

Ashley Calder said...

Lovely page! I really like the bright white of the background against those happy bright colours. Very pretty.