Thursday, January 15, 2015

"Hey Girl" is not just for girls...

Hi again :) I've been playing with my Hey Girl Daily Diary Kit and just wanted to say that despite the name it is definitely not just for girls! I have 3 boys and have loved using all the fun patterns and elements to document the first week of January in my 2015 project life album.


Starting with the left hand side, here's a little peek into how our week began...


I thought a pic of one of our New Years Eve sparklers would be a good way to start January and teamed it up with some of the bright papers and a little cluster of embellishments from the kit. 


We got a bit of a surprise just before Christmas when our lizard's eggs started hatching and now have 19 tiny bearded dragons to look after. I printed the journaling onto a strip of vellum for a soft effect over the photo and am once again planning to use Bohemian Typewriter font throughout the year. 


It's the middle of summer here in Australia and we have been making the most of the sunshine with plenty of swimming and poolside fun. I love that the little weekday tabs are a perfect match for the journal cards and already know that the date stamp is going to get a lot of use this year.


The original green color on this card wasn't working with my page, so I decided to cut out the fun "mood-o-meter" image and backed it with a plain grid card before decorating the center. I mixed the alpha colors to emphasis the word 'happy'' and really like how the card turned out. 


 Moving along to the second half of the week...


Saturday involved a lot of laughs as well as some tears after one of my boys agreed to wrap his head with sticky tape... I know right?


 I added alpha stickers directly onto the photo to help fill in some of the empty space and added more color to the photo with the help of the same bright paper I used on the first page along with some embellishments. I printed the story onto a plain grid card, but added one of the overlays over the top and repeated the date stamp across a simple strip of patterned paper.


 I stitched a piece of vellum over the top of one of the papers from the kit to create an easy pocket which holds a couple of gift cards I used in my favorite stationery stores.


Here I cut down one of the filler cards so that I could add journaling to the bottom and concealed the join with the texture ribbon from the kit. 



See you next week xx


1 comment:

Melinda Sweetman said...

Love your pages and yay for week 1 being DONE!! Xx