Monday, January 5, 2015

Merry & Bright

I don't know about you, but I'm already a little nostalgic for Christmas. I've spent the last couple of days taking down all of the Christmas decorations and now my house just looks soooo boring! It makes me just NEED to go shopping...

In honor of this need for more jingling bells, I decided to mix the new Hey Girl kit with December's Cable Knit kit to create this page of Reed seeing the tree for the first time.


I have never been a real traditional Christmas themed kind of girl, so mixing in the blues and golds was a great combo for me.


I knew I'd find the perfect thing to use that red tinsel twine on from the Cable Knit kit, and those rubons and the Navy Color Shine spray from the Hey Girl kit are to die for!


Can we just talk a minute about the stamps in this kit? I mean, that's a full pack of Heidi Swapp's little sweeties and the "let your light shine" one was an obvious choice for this layout.


I tucked a few of the little bits of paper tags and ephemera into the layers on the right side of the page, and tied on the tags for a little depth. To finish it off, I just jotted down a little bit of my own journaling and voy-yo-lay!


2 comments:

Jinny Newlin said...

Oh, I just adore the way you've used one of the fabulous stamps here! What a sweet pic! I used a couple of them on my page here... http://jinnynewlin.blogspot.com/2015/01/the-studio-reflections-challenge.html. Just thought someone might enjoy peeking ;). Happy 2015!

Becky said...

That is just such a sweet layout and I love the mix of colours there too :)