Thursday, February 26, 2015

A peek inside my project life formula...

Hi again :) I've got another layout to share using the Love Life Daily Diary kit. This week documents Valentine's day and although it isn't a huge occasion here in Australia that didn't stop me from adding a touch of love to the week. 


While putting this layout together I noticed that I often use the same type of  'formula' for creating my pages and thought it might be a good idea to walk through some of these steps. 


I mainly use the same pocket style (Deisgn A) throughout the year beacause it makes it quicker and easier when deciding what size to print out my pictures. After printing my photos, I being each layout by spreading them out and looking at the colors and tones to help me determine what colors to use and then go through my kit or stash and find pieces to suit the color scheme I have chosen. Here I decided on a variety of pink, red and cream cards and papers along with a few pops of blue to compliment the photos. 


Instead of a tradtional title card, I began the week with a simple photo that I added a framed die-cut to the centre of. Once I had the frame secured to the photo, I ran it all through my printer to add the date directly over the top. 


I like to cut and piece together filler and journal cards to create a more custom look, and often do the same with layers of different patterns under my photos. Mixing different types of alpha and number pieces also helps to add more interest to the page.


Before adding embellishments I like to make sure the photo feels anchored in place because I've found that floating embellishments can often look out of place. Using a strip of washi tape across the page helped to anchor the photo and vellum envelope before adding the stickers over the top. 


I like to add a white margin around my larger photos to help them stand out and break up some of the patterns on a busy page, but it can also work well for smaller photos. I printed out two 3x4'' photos with a margin to help define each pic but then used the alpha stickers to tie them together. 


Once again I cut up two of the card designs to create my own look and added a few simple srtips of typed journaling over the top. 


 Filler cards are great when you are short on photos and also a good way of adding more color to your pockets. I used one of the confetti cards which I created in this post because it was perfect for the love them as well as my chosen color scheme.  The little confetti hearts also came in handy when I was taking a photo of my Valentine's cupcakes.


You may have noticed that I normally type and print all of journaling, but I do like to add the occasional hand written note from time to time for a more personal touch. I hope that some of these steps have been useful and I'm sure if you think about how you put your pages together you will recognise your own formula too. 
See you next week xx


No comments: