Wednesday, February 11, 2015

handmade cards for those you love

Hey there!

Valentine's Day is just around the corner.

Do you make homemade cards for your loved ones or do you take the easy route and buy them from the store?

I will admit to getting store-bought Valentines for the kids' friends at school. With four kids it would be a lot of work to make something homemade for each of their friends. I am sure not a "supermom" but I wanted to make something a little more special for my family and the Love Life kit was perfect for creating some cards for that special day.

The Simple Stories Hugs & Kisses "Love Notes" paper was great for making some little cards. I cut out the pieces from the reverse side (front has hearts, back has mini cards) and saved them to use on this project.

Using the cardstock from the kit I made some 4x4 cards. I added a paper doily to each as well as a piece of silver ribbon. I then layered the mini cards on the bases, added some stickers and other embellishments and this is what I ended up with:




I hope that these little cards inspire you to create something handmade for the special people in your life. 

If you haven't yet purchased this kit or the Love Life Daily Diary kit they are still available in the Noel Mignon online store. 

Have a fantastic day!


No comments: