Tuesday, March 10, 2015

A few Introductions + A fun Field Trip


                        I have a confession.

I don't really like my picture being taken or trying to write about myself. Don't get me wrong, I love to scrapbook and document my families lives. But seldom, rather hardly ever, do I take a picture of just me, and journal about myself. 

Well, this past week I decided to change that. I was so inspired with the Simple Stories "I AM" collection that I created a page all about ME ! Now it's nothing too exciting. But I have to say that I am loving how this page turned out. 

                    Let me take a step back though. 

This week the Design Team is using this color board as inspiration.  Lots of amazing colors, and textures. 


I used this months Shine Bright kit along with this color board as a starting point for my pages this week. I ended up doing two pages. They are going in the middle of my week 9 pages that I shared last week. 


I wanted to include a few details about what I was watching on t.v. right now. I think this will be fun to look back on in 5 or even 10 years.


For this photo I cut out the " I AM from one of the journaling cards and used that for my journaling prompt. I added some I AM responses digitally to my photo before printing.


I took the inspiration of stripes ( and of the color ) from the color board and created this filler card. I added some patterned paper behind the die cut card. Then added it on top of the striped card.

The next filler card I added a few pieces/stickers and enamel dots to create this one.


I added one more journaling card. A few more tidbits about me currently.


I encourage everyone out there to do a page that is all about you !! It might not be your favorite thing to do, but your story is IMPORTANT !! Tell your story. This months Shine Bright kit is just what you need to get it done.

I also did a page about my Daughter's Fourth Grade School Field Trip.  It was all day sort of thing and for weeks before she kept begging me and my husband to go. One or the other, she desperately wanted someone to go. It worked out that my husband took the day off of work and went with her and her class.


This journaling card came together rather easily. I have used lots of stripes for these two pages and the gold striped paper was perfect. I trimmed it to go in the corner and leave room for my journaling. Actually it is my husbands journaling. I asked him to write about their day since I was not able to make it.

I chose to highlight a quote that my daughter said that day by making that part of the font bold. It is simple to do and I love how it stands out from the rest of the journaling.


A fun filler card. I love globes and so this card was a no brainer for this page.


A simple journaling card. I asked my daughter to tell me about her day and I typed it up on this card.


I love how the color board and my photos just seemed to go together so well.  This photo was the perfect spot to double as a title card of sorts.


One last journaling card.


These pages were so fun to make. I also loved using the color board for inspiration. Now it is your turn. Have fun, create, and make sure your share your creations on our FB group. I can't wait !


No comments: