Thursday, March 19, 2015

A touch of Spring...

Hi again :) as you know we have been celebrating Spring with our gorgeous Shine Bright kits this week, and even though Spring has not sprung yet here in Australia I was able to go back to my uncompleted 2014 album and find a Spring story to document. 


I have used the Daily Diary kit along with a Becky Higgins G Design page protector and love that I was able to include a mix of photo sizes and different orientations on each page.


My layout documents an afternoon at one of our favorite parks by the river and even though there wasn't a flower in sight, the layout still has a nice Spring feel thanks to all the gorgeous elements from the kit. 


I used the white die-cut frame to break up the row of photos across the top of the page, and left a white margin around all the larger photos to help give the eye a place to rest before moving across the page. 


I often like to create my own custom title cards by piecing together different elements from the kit and deliberately chose cards with a small pattern for the base so they wouldn't be too distracting for the large die cut pieces that I layered over the top. A little bit of hand stitching and a scatter of sequins helped to tie all the colors in together. 


I paired more of the small floral patterned background together with some complimentary patterns from other cards in the kit to create a layered journal card. I cut around the flower portion of the white card so that I could slip the clipboard piece beneath it to help add some extra depth.




 I always try to keep the keep the focus on my photos, and a few simple stickers and embellishments were all that was needed to add a touch of Spring to each photo.


More layers and stitching helped me to dress up one of the 6x4" gold foiled filler cards from the kit. I used the same patterned paper base that I used on my other layered cards to create a nice flow across both pages. 


 Thanks for stopping by xx






No comments: