Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Spring has sprung!

We are excited about spring finally being here at our house!

We had an unusually snowy and cold winter for here in our part of Texas and we are thrilled to finally see daffodils and tulips popping up, flowers growing on the trees and the sun shining!

We are spending more time outdoors, which my kids love.

This is just in time for our "Spring" week here at Noel Mignon.

For the layout below I used this month's Shine Bright Classic Kit. You can still find it and the Daily Diary kit in the Noel Mignon Online Store.

When I think of spring I think of the beautiful flowers that come after the drab winter.

I pulled out these older pictures of one of my girls, printed them all on a 4"x6" piece of photo paper and allowed them to be the focal point for my layout.


I like to use ribbon on my projects but often don't because of the bulk it adds to scrapbook pages.


The yellow ribbon in the kit is so pretty and delicate and even after wrapping it around my photo block it didn't add too much bulk to the layout.

I used more of the scalloped blue trim (my favorite embellishment from this kit!) as well as the kraft-colored backing to add a feminine touch to go with the flowers and doilies (white doilies from my stash). I love that the scallop trim is self-adhesive. That makes it so easy to add to any kind of project.


As is often the case with Noel's kits, you get a mix of alphas to use and I used some of each type in my title. I also used some chipboard bits and stickers for accents on the page. The little grey star stickers were a fun touch to go with the flowers. 

I have loved being part of the team here at Noel Mignon and hope that you find some kind of inspiration in my projects. 

Please come hang out with us and share your work with us at the Noel Mignon Facebook group and make sure to join us next week for the crop! 

Have a wonderful day!



No comments: