Thursday, May 21, 2015

Let's be adventurous...

Hi again, I have gone back to one of my previous albums to document a fun camping adventure using the fabulous Pack Your Bags Daily Diary kit which is perfect for all your travel pages.

 
 
The photos from our camping trip mainly spoke for themselves which meant I didn't really need to add too much journaling to the pages, and instead I used a mix of the great filler cards from the kit to help tell the story.
 
 
I used one of the travel themed filler cards to set the mood for the layout, and have repeated the same color tones throughout both pages. I trimmed down the card and matted it onto cork patterned paper and finished it off with some colored stitching.
 
 
I used another filler card to record where we were, and clustered a group of different shaped elements together and really like the way the mix of wood, metal and enamel adds texture and interest to the card. I used more small clusters to add detail to some of the photos.
 
 
I have plenty more photos from our trip so will need to add an insert to document the rest of our adventures which won't be a problem because I still have plenty of great pieces from the kit.

 
 
Once again, I used one of the filler cards to help set the mood for the second page. I also repeated the use of small embellishment clusters and continued with the same colour tones to tie in with the first page.
 
 
I used simple stitching and a few enamel dots to add a bit more colour and interest to yet another filler card - I think this one might be my fave!
 
 
I cut out the suitcases from another filler card and added a few extra elements from the kit to create a custom journal card. 
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you will feel inspired to use all the great filler cards in your kits for your next layouts :)



 

1 comment:

SianBB said...

A gorgeous layout as usual Agnus!!! Certainly looks like you had a lovely time away with your boys...