Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Pocket Pages with Happy Go Lucky

Happy Go Lucky is the ever fun and bright kit for June. The colors are perfectly summery for this warm weather we're in in California. I made a pocket page spread covering a few weeks in May.


Because I do a monthly approach, I feel a little more freedom in creating one page here and there all about a specific event or person. In this case, the left side was regular everyday stuff and the right side was dedicated completely to my daughter as she graduated from preschool this week.


I don't usually use this style page protector but I wanted to use a lot of the 3x4 cards all in a row so I just went for it.The 6x6 pieces of paper were perfect touches to the bottoms of these two-photo collages. 


I wanted to add journaling atop of the floral card but it would've been to difficult to read directly on the paper. So I added a bit of vellum and stitched it on and then typed. It's the perfect saturation of the floral behind the words.


These cards from the cut-apart Echo Park 12x12 really called out to me to be used to document my 5 year old as she is now, the week she graduates preschool. I feel the pictures together do a pretty good job of commenting on who she is now.


The acrylic "document" label matched up nicely with some a sticker from my stash. The enamel dots are the perfect colors to complement the green from the Jillybean Soup Paper.

Be sure to pick up your kit and then come over and follow Noel Mignon on Instagram for inspiration.


No comments: