Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Documenting a Mini-Vacation with Happy Go Lucky

Good morning all! Today I wanted to share with you a pocket page spread I made using the Happy Go Lucky Daily Diary kit.


 My husband and I went on a mini staycation of sorts in May when we went to a music festival without the kids. I took so many pictures that I had to dedicate a full 12x12 spread to it.


I wanted to make good use of all the cute 4x6 Simple Stories Life Documented cards that came in the kit so decided to use this page protector with all 4x6 slots. I started off by printing my full 4x6 photos of the sunset and of my husband talking with his friend.


I used Photoshop to make a photo collage with two 3x3 photos on a 4x6 canvas. Before printing, I wrote a small line of journaling all the way at the bottom and left blank space for this strip of paper from the 6x6 sheets from Jillibean Soup that came in the kit.


I usually have a compulsion to alternate cards and photos so that two photos never touch each other and two cards never touch each other. But I've slowly been working toward getting over that and I think this page turned out great.


I added a lot of machine stitching to give a little texture and did the journaling using my typewriter. I made more collages using Photoshop in order to maximize the amount of photos I could get on this page. I cut up some of the 4x6 Simple Stories cards and used them as patterned paper to decorate the plain spaces left in my collages.

Have you seen the sneak peeks of next month's kit, Pool Party? Make sure you are following NoelMignon on Facebook to see all the latest peeks of next month's kits in addition to what fellow members of the design team are creating with the gorgeous Happy Go Lucky.


No comments: