Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Everyday Life is very much "Happy Go Lucky"

Hello Summer !!

We are in full blown Summer around here and I couldn't be happier. The kids have been out of school for the past 2 days now and so far so good.

This months kit is called "Happy Go Lucky". It is a perfect match of lovely colors, and can cover spring and summer activities.

With that being said I am going to get on with the sharing of my pages I have completed using the kit.

This was week 20  ( May 11 - 17) and included some fun regular life memories.


As a family we recently finished getting some garden boxes in the ground and got a bunch of things planted.  I added a photo of my son watering the garden. He has made the watering of the garden his chore and nobody else's !! Kind of cute and I am not complaining.

One of the first things I do when I am constructing my pages is to look through my photos and pick some cards that compliment them. So I looked through the kit and found some cards that worked out perfectly. I also tried with those same colors throughout the layout.


I opted to not do a title card this time and went for a week in review card instead. That left me one extra photo slot and it was perfect.

I really needed to break up all the white space on this page. I grabbed my 3 inch circle punch and punched some of this cute heart card leaving a perfect frame for an extra photo.


Possibly one of my favorite things from this kit are those clear Heidi Swapp labels. I used one on the journaling card below.  Also the Simple Stories white phrases stickers are lots of fun too.


Let's move on to the second page now.

I had a few favorite photos of my son watering the garden. I printed out the first one and even though I loved it I knew I had to add a "bigger" photo. The little photo just didn't do the photo justice. I know I have been adding a lot of big photos to my spreads but this one was "needed". LOL And to be honest, it turned out perfect.


I knew I had a lot to say about our garden this year, how it came to be, ect. So I made a fun 4x6 journaling card to hold my story about the garden. I chose to spell out grow with some staggered letters and then used a strip of paper as sort of a border for my word. Can I just say the wood veneers in the kit were absolutely perfect for these pages.


A fun photo of the kids pet bug that they made a home for.


Here is the rest of the right side.

For the card in the right corner, I started with a strip of the patterned paper. I printed my picture as a 3x3 size and added it onto my card after i printed out my journaling.


That's a wrap for me today folks. Thanks for coming.

Don't forget to pick up a Happy Go Lucky kit and get scrapping.




No comments: