Saturday, August 29, 2015

4x4 Pockets & Daily Diary


Welcome back everyone! Wow...I cannot believe August will soon be over and this is my last official pocket page for August to share.  This month sure did whizz by.  I hope your month was filled with many memories and moments so you will have tons of photos to scrapbook with this incredible kit! ;)


I always let my Noel Mignon Daily Diary kits take the lead when I am creating.  By this, I mean I usually allow the products to guide the types and styles of pages I am going to create with the kit.  This month, I noticed a lot of the products were really fun and different square sizes of products.  There were fabulous little 2x2 die cuts, awesome 3x4 cards and these really cool 4x4 die cut frames.  They all inspired me to create something different with the kit, yet I ended up with all pocket pages...just very unique from one another.  I love when that happens! :)


So for this layout, I allowed myself to be inspired and drawn to creating a 12x12 pocket page, with 4x4 squares.  The gorgeous die cut frames were my total inspiration for this page.  I love the size, the style, the colours and how cute they adorn my photos.  They are truly the funnest overlays and really make your photos pop!


I hate wasting product, so I am always looking for alternate ways to use up remainders of my kit and stash.  So because I did not have enough of certain papers to fill the large 4x4 pockets I simply created these fun triangles and alternated patterned paper.  I then used my Fuse tool to secure them in the page nicely.  The 'hello' card was actually a 4x6 which I trimmed down accordingly.  I then used the awesome Project Life alpha stickers to add the 'sunshine' below.  I love how alphas can be used to customize cards for whatever layout one is doing.  This kit came with so many alphas, I loved it!


In keeping with using up my stash, I created the "days like this are the best" card by simply trimming down a 3x4 card and adhering it on top of a 4x4 card.  The centre card, with all of the word strips I love!  I simply took these wonderful strips, and using my sewing machine stitched them onto just a white piece of 4x4 card stock.  The super cute camera clip I clipped onto the top.  I just loved this piece from the kit!


I added my journaling this month directly onto a 4x4 card that I initially trimmed down from a 4x6.  I knew I wanted to add in my thoughts onto the pennant so I made sure to trim so that I would have enough room, yet fit my pocket.  I simply jotted down my thoughts and I love how it all turned out and helped to complete my page.


I hope that I have inspired you to get out the remainder of your August kits and use up that stash!  These kits go such a long way and there is always a way to make something work for you when you need it!  Happy creating everyone...I am ready for September's phenomenal kit, aren't you?

No comments: