Saturday, November 21, 2015

Home Decor with Golden Delicious: Thanksgiving

Hi, Everyone! It's Jana Eubank. I am getting so excited for Thanksgiving next week! I always enjoy hanging out with family, telling stories, and eating delicious food.

I found this wood tray at Hobby Lobby and decided to dress it up for Thanksgiving using a mixture of the Golden Delicious Daily Diary and Classic kits. My plan is to change out the cards for the different holidays and seasons, and keep this decoration out year round. It's perfect on the side table of our family room!


The openings are a little smaller than the standard 4x6 and 3x4 cards, so I had to trim 1/8" off of each side of the cards. I was careful to select cards where this wouldn't be a problem with the design. Another option would be to add photos to the openings.


My favorite card is the "Autumn" card with the gold bow. I had fun layering a chipboard pieces and a brad on top of the bow for a unique look.


I also love that little owl critter! Doesn't he look like he is saying a prayer of gratitude with his eyes close like that?... How sweet!


This was so much fun to create! I can't wait to fill it with Christmas themed products next month!

Enjoy your weekend!




No comments: