Friday, January 8, 2016

Sweet Charlotte and a little peek into my space

Hello again!

I am so excited to be back on the Noel Mignon team!

I enjoyed my time here before and after taking some time off to devote more attention to family matters I decided I missed scrapping so much. I jumped at the chance to be back on the team here and am grateful to Noel for the opportunity.

Today I have a layout to share with you using the beautiful Sweet Charlotte Classic Kit:


For this page I started out by mounting a piece of white cardstock to a piece of Sweet Charlotte kit patterned paper. I used spray mist on the background and then went to work on the grid on the right side of the page. This piece came with my daughter's Candy Land game that she got for Christmas. I saw it after she punched out the playing cards and knew I could put it to good use on a project. I just cut it down to use on this layout. I chose pieces of patterned paper and adhered them to the back of the grid piece. 


I used a piece of white washi tape at the top and bottom to anchor the piece and then added a few embellishments and stickers to finish it off. 


I like to incorporate a lot of layering on my projects and the stickers and tags were perfect for just that. I used the Patina spray mist to "paint" the edges of the tags with the spray nozzle before tucking them behind my picture and then added more stickers and my title.  I mixed some heart rub-ons and sequins to the spritzed background. 


Noel always has such a great variety of stickers and other embellishments in her kits. I love the mix of textures in Sweet Charlotte- the combination of cork, wood and the pretty florals is so fun. 

Our design team has shared some great tips here this week, some of which I really need to try and incorporate into my scrappy routine. I know I could get a lot more done if I were more organized. 

One thing that I try to do in my room is follow the old adage, "a place for everything and everything in its place." This is not to say that the rest of my room isn't a cluttered mess with piles of miscellaneous products on the floor, leftover scraps from previous projects on my desk and a hodge podge of things here and there. I do, however, have some things quite organized and out in the open where I can see them well. 

The problem in my scrap space is that if I don't see something, I don't tend to use it, so I like to have my favorite and most commonly used products within easy reach. 


I like to find cute containers to display some of my favorite things like these two that I got at craft stores. They keep items in view and easy to grab as I need them. 


For these last two items I really lucked out since a friend was getting rid of them and she passed them on to me. On this shelf I have some of my favorite washi tapes, spray inks and other embellishments. I also have some of my favorite punches, some on the shelf and some in the zigzag box.


This rack is a great way to store the washi tapes I use for freelance trade show projects. I slide this into a small space on another of my shelves but can grab it and see what I have right away since the tapes are organized by which release they were from.  

I have vertical organizers for my patterned and cardstock papers, 12x12 storage boxes to keep paper collections together with embellishments and storage bins for things like twine, paper punches, alpha stickers and other embellishments.

Do you have a great organizational tip that you'd like to share? 

We'd sure love to hear about it in the comments or in our Facebook group, "Noel Mignon Members".

Thanks for stopping by the blog today. 



No comments: