Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Inspired by Flowers-"Heart of Gold" Classic Kit

This week in honor of "Budding Romance", the design team is using flowers as inspiration on our layouts.  I'm using the "Heart of Gold" Classic Kit for my double page layout today. 

Noel puts her kits together to mesh with the current season, trends, and holidays, but they are also versatile.  So although this month's kit was a more "love" theme---it worked for my Halloween layout---complete with flowers!


I did pull quite a few flowers from my own stash here, but I also used one of the Prima yellow ones that came in this month's kit. I used some of the My Mind's Eye enamel dots as centers for some of the flowers.  

I needed to have a few "pops" of black on the layout to bring out the darker colors of the Mad Hatter's costume, so I thought that the "Halloween" title would work well on the left side of the layout, while the "you + me" black sticker worked on the right side of the layout.
I really stretched the use of the gold doily in the kit.  I cut it into pieces and used a couple of pieces on some previous layouts, part of it near the "Halloween" title on this layout, and the final piece I used by cutting away some of the exterior of the doily leaving some of the interior in a half circle to anchor the "You + Me" embellishment cluster.

I used the gold ribbon to finish off and ground the bottom portion of the layout, and I really like the way it turned out with the little faux knot pictured below.
Finally, I used the ampersand sticker from the Crate Paper sticker sheet that came in this month's kit on the sub title of the layout.  I really like mixing fonts and lettering on my layouts and titles.


Thank you for joining me today...check back all week to see how the rest of the design team has been inspired by flowers.  Have a great week!!!


No comments: