Saturday, May 28, 2016

Last Pure Bliss for May


Can you believe that May is soon coming to an end?

It's been a great month but it has gone by so quickly for me.

The kids are done with school and now summer plans are in full-swing.

I love summertime, chances to just relax and hang out with my family, chances to maybe sleep in once in a while. Ha ha. It's a nice idea, anyway, but with four kids that doesn't happen very often.

Today I have one last layout using the beautiful Pure Bliss kit before I did in and work with our new kit for June ♥

Our challenge this week was to either go big or small with an element on our page and I chose to go LARGE!


I started my page off by freehanding a large number two on white cardstock and then cut it out with a craft knife. I wanted to fill in the negative space with strips of paper but guess what? There is a piece of patterned paper in the Pure Bliss kit that looks like strips of paper so I saved myself TONS of time by using that instead. I simply adhered a piece of paper to the back of the 2 with washi tape and added a little bit of glue to the parts that weren't quite stuck down enough. 

I also added a piece of the cute sparkly pink tape from the kit to the top of my layout and some strips of patterned paper to the bottom part of the page.


Because I don't know how to leave white cardstock plain white I added some splatters of spray ink for some color on my background. I used the cute Paige Evans Thickers for my title. 


This is a picture of my silly oldest girls trying on sunglasses while we ordered new prescription lenses for them. They always love posing for me, and it makes a fun picture for my page ☺

I added some cute pink glittery arrow stickers to bring attention to the picture. 


Lastly I added a little aqua button to top off the paper strips as well as some handwritten journaling. 

Have a wonderful weekend!


No comments: