Monday, May 2, 2016

Picnic in the Park Crop Challenge #1

Hello friends!!!  It's Meridy here, welcome to our "Picnic in the Park" Online Crop.  Today is the first day of the crop and I have your very first challenge ready for you...

I think one of the most fun things to do during a picnic in the park is to fly a kite!!!  Keeping a kite in mind, I decided today's challenge is to use diamond(s), ribbon, and bow(s) on your layout.  Below is my layout for the "Fly a Kite" challenge.  I used the Noel Mignon May 2016 "Pure Bliss" Classic Kit.

May 2016 "Pure Bliss" Classic Kit

I cut a few diamonds from the Basic Grey patterned paper in the kit and used them as a repeating element across the back of my layout.  You can see how the diamonds sometimes fall off the edge of the page.  I feel like this helps your eye move around the design and keeps the layout from looking too confined and cluttered.


As you can see I grounded my photo with the coral ribbon in this month's kit, gathering it as I adhered it.  Instead of using a real bow, I used the bow paperclip that came in the kit! 


A couple of other small embellishment clusters on the edges of the photo keep that photograph the focal point of the layout.



Everyone who finishes this challenge will be entered in a drawing for these cute Elle's Studio products.


To recap today's "Fly a Kite" challenge, use diamond(s), ribbon, and bow(s) on your layout.  Please upload your finished page to our Noel Mignon Members Facebook page in the "Fly a Kite" challenge album.  Also, keep in mind you do not have to use a Noel Mignon kit to enter your layout, everyone can play!!!

Check in tomorrow to see our next challenge and great prize.  We will have a challenge each day this week (Monday-Friday) and all of the winners will be announced on National Scrapbook Day--Saturday, May 7, 2016.  Thanks for stopping by!  I can't wait to see what you create!

No comments: