Saturday, June 11, 2016

Happy Days are here again!

Good morning!

It's Becky here with you again today to share a couple of new projects that I made using the Happy Days Classic Kit, which as of today is still available in the online store.


For this first page I used the "Snapshots of a Happy Life!" from a Simple Stories patterned paper. It goes so perfectly with the challenge this week that I could not resist. I simply trimmed it from the patterned paper and added it to the bottom of my page, cut a thinner strip of patterned paper to use as a border and then added a group of smaller photos to create the focal point of my layout. 


From there I added my title using both sets of alpha stickers and finished off the page with a tag with handwritten journaling, a rubber charm "How sweet it is" as well as chipboard pieces and a floral rub-on. 


This photograph is one that means a lot to me and I knew that I wanted to use it with the "documented" chipboard from the kit. 

One of my girls LOVES gymnastics and does handstands just about everywhere she goes. 

She liked to practice handstands at her grandparents' house and her grandpa would give her tips about how to stay up longer, straighter, etc. He used to share stories about how he walked on his hands as a kid and was proud about the fact that he could walk on his hands all the way across the auditorium stage. 

It wasn't until my father-in-law passed away that I saw this picture of him standing on his hands and loved the picture of he and my daughter side by side in their handstands. This is such a fun thing to remember. 


To create the layout I trimmed a 1/2 inch from the length and width of a sheet of white cardstock and mounted that on patterned paper. I then misted the background (I'm not very good at keeping the background clean!) and then used another section of the Simple Stories patterned paper with the grid pattern as the center point of my layout. 

For this page I kind of worked from the bottom-up. I added the paper strips and then my title, making sure that I had enough room for the chipboard "documented" as well as the other stickers. After that I added my photo and lots of hearts and enamel dots. 

You may not have noticed but I also used one of the self-adhesive "brads" with the camera icon to fit in with this week's challenge. 

I hope that you've been inspired to scrapbook some memories as you've visited the Noel Mignon blog this week. 

We'll be back again soon with a new challenge. 

No comments: