Monday, June 20, 2016

Inspired by Photos and the "Happy Days" Classic Kit

It's Meridy here, and this week the design team's goal is to tell you where we got the inspiration for our layouts.  I'm using the "Happy Days" Classic Kit today, and there are a few more of these kits in the store if you haven't got one yet.  

The layout I'm sharing was inspired by the photos my 6 year old took of me and his new baby brother.  I am nursing the baby in the photos, and since that's what I'm doing multiple times a day, it's not a surprise that my oldest son wanted to take pictures of me feeding his baby brother.  When I looked at the photos, I knew that I wanted to briefly tell about excited I am that we overcame some major hurdles in getting him to be able to nurse.  Nursing was not always easy for him, and after a 2 week NICU stay and 3 more weeks of his weight loss, I was overjoyed to be able to follow up with some happy scrapbook layouts!


I started out with 6 photos (2-4x6 and 4-3x4), so I knew I wanted to make a double page layout.  I really liked the XOXOXO patterned paper by Amy Tangerine, so I used that as the base all the way across both sides of the layout.  I added a few more strips of patterned paper and then started piling up the matted photos and scraps of patterned papers to build up the design.  



The thick yellow ribbon worked very well with the color scheme in the layout, so I added a bit on the upper left and some more on the lower right hand side of the layout.  I added my sticker title directly on top of the photo and a journaling card to house my story. 


Finally, I choose embellishments such as some yellow buttons, clips, hand painted wood veneers, and rubber pieces to dress up the photos.  I still felt that I needed a few finishing touches, so I used a notebook paper border punch to punch a few strips of paper and placed those under the embellishment clusters. I finished off the entire layout with Heidi Swapp and October Afternoon mist splatters. 



I'm so glad that my son took these pictures of the baby and I and I'm so glad that I was able to tell the follow up story of the baby's rough start.



Thank you for joining me today, stop back every day this week to see how the rest of the Design Team was inspired!

2 comments:

MarciaD said...

Sweet layout and story. Love the colors you chose.

Meridy said...

thank you!!!