Saturday, June 4, 2016

Shaping things up with the Happy Days Classic Kit


Hello!

It's Becky here with you today and I am really excited to share a new page with you that I created with the brand new Happy Days Classic kit. I believe we still have some of these kits left so if you like what you see head on over to the store and get one before they sell out!

When I saw this kit my eye was immediately drawn to the beautiful blue and white striped pattered paper. Yes, this is June, but I knew I would probably use it for a patriotic layout. Instead of making it a patriotic-themed page, though, I created an everyday page with the good ol' red, white and blue to go with my pictures from a past 9/11 flag display in my town. 


I started by cutting the middle of the blue/white paper out leaving about a 1 1/2 inch border all the way around. I then mounted that frame on white cardstock and added droplets of spray mist. 


There was some packing paper in the box with my kit, as I am sure you all received as well. I tore a piece of one sheet of this paper, crumpled it up and glued it to my page, then mounted the pictures with foam adhesive. I wrapped the photos with red and white twine from my craft supply and then cut some stars from patterned paper with a small star-shaped punch. I tucked the stars under the photos and placed a few others around the page. 


I added some bits of chipboard, a wooden heart, some adhesive sequins and some rub-ons as embellishments to finish off the layout. 


Have a wonderful weekend and come back to see us next week for a new challenge. 

♥♥


No comments: