Saturday, July 16, 2016

Sweet Summer Time Treats | Summer Lovin' Classic Kit

Hello scrappy friends!  Laura Whitaker here today sharing a new layout using the Summer Lovin' Classic Kit! I am seriously in love with this kit, the colours are so juicy!

The DT has been challenged to document "summer sweets"!  I had some photos of our puppy commandeering my sons Popsicle, taken the other week that I knew would be just perfect!


As I was prepping to begin my layout I knew that I wanted to use this fun paper by Imaginisce as a background.  I love that it looks as if it is covered in sprinkles!  I also knew that I wanted to create two focal areas for photos.

I cut the circle elements out of yellow patterned paper using my Silhouette Cameo, and printed up my photos to fit inside the circles.  Once I knew where they were going to sit on my layout I added a bit of Gesso to fade out the pattern a bit, behind each focal area so that it would not look too busy behind my photos and embellishments.


And the rest is the fun part, adding in great embellishments! Like fun acetate, chipboard and wood pieces.


Great epoxy title stickers and Thickers for title work!


Labels, brads and epoxy stickers!


And puffy stickers, too!  I went back in with a bit of Gesso and a sponge to add some extra texture to a few of the page elements and my photos.  It's pretty subtle but I love the look. I also used a Distress Crayon to make a bit of "paint" to flick onto my page.

Supply List: (from the kit) Imaginisce Ice Cream Parlor patterned paper from the Sunny Collection; Echo Park Sunshine Rays, Vacation Time and Kite Flying patterned paper from the Summer Party collection; Imaginisce die cuts from the Sunny collection; Maya Road clip; Queen & Co. headliner;  May Arts ribbon; Jillibean Soup tag and Soup Label from the Mushroom Medley collection; Echo Park brads from the Summer Party collection; Freckled Fawn wood chips; Elle's Studio cut outs and puffy stickers from the Sunny Days collection; Tim Holtz Peacock Feathers Distress Crayon; Amy Tan Memento puffy letter stickers; (from my stash) Gesso.

Thanks so much for visiting today! Don't forget to share what you are creating with your kits on the Noel Mignon Members Facebook page.
Laura
xo

2 comments:

Jana Eubank said...

Love this so much, Laura!

dyspraxic organised scrapper said...

Love this layout.
Great balance, lovely bright colours and nice to see so many photos on the layout.