Monday, August 22, 2016

{Family Time} Challenge with the "Vintage Charm" Classic Kit

Hello!  It's Monday, so that means it's Meridy here sharing a layout with you using the "Vintage Charm" Classic Kit.  This week the design team has been challenged to do layouts showcasing photos of "Family Time".  I decided to do a layout using pictures from December of 2014 of my family playing in the snow.  I chose these photos, because the colors matched really well with the papers in the kit.


I started out designing this layout with a white background piece of paper from my stash.  This white paper had triangles outlined in a pattern across it.  First, I placed the photos in the approximate area I wanted them to be.  Next, I decided to cut coordinating triangles out of some of the patterned paper from this month's kit and place them randomly over some of the existing "outlines" on the background paper.   When I felt both sides of the layout were balanced, I adhered the triangles.


 I stamped a few snowflakes using white acrylic paint onto navy cardstock and used a snowflake punch to punch those out.  I also punched some snowflakes from the white and gold woodgrain paper in this month's kit.  These embellishments were fun and simple to make.

I added my title "Snow Day" using the Gold Thickers that came in this month's kit, and the subtitle "On Mount Lemmon" using the mini wood grain alphabet stickers from the kit.


I finished off the layout by tying some of the Twinery gold and white twine around one photo, stamping a few more random mini snowflakes on the background, doing a little journaling right on the background paper, and adding "The Fam" sticker to the right hand side of the layout.  



I liked the paper combination so much on this layout, that I decided to do another layout using the same papers, but a different subject.  As a matter of fact, the subject is the exact opposite as the subject in my first layout!  Rather than the winter snow, the next layout is about a summer stream!  I think it's so versatile that I can use this kit to create so many different types of layouts for different seasons!


I really enjoyed mixing fonts, Thickers, mini letter stickers, wood veneers, and some handwriting to create this title.


A small embellishment cluster with a painted wood veneer and a stamped label peeking out from under the photo grounds the collage on the right hand side.


I couldn't wait to use the Pretty Little Studio paper cut apart banner pieces that came in the kit!  Again, the gold and white twine "tied" them together.  A little journaling, a few stickers, and some Gold Heidi Swapp Color Shine was all the layout needed to be complete!!!



Thanks for looking at my layouts today, I hope I've inspired you to grab some photos and use your "Vintage Charm" Kit!!!


No comments: