Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Our House with "Vintage Charm" Daily Diary Kit

Howdy Bloggers!! Happy Tuesday! Hope you are all doing well. Lynn here with my first project using this month's "Vintage Charm" Daily Diary Kit. The design team's challenge this week is called "Our House". The challenge is to use a house icon on your project, make your home the subject of your project or make a home decor item. I decided to create a home decor piece using an embroidery hoop. I've done a few of these in the past and they are so much fun. Initially I wrapped the twine included in our kit around the whole hoop - but I wanted the wood of the hoop to show so I decided to use the twine on the inner hoop only. Here's my project. 
I used a 6.0" embroidery hoop I bought at Michael's. They come in a variety of sizes and the decoration possibilities are endless! The puppies in the photo are litter mates and are double trouble when they get together. I wish I had half of their energy. Here's a close up of the pretty twine from The Twinery. It coordinates with the papers perfectly!
I added some cardstock stickers to the outside of the hoop frame and some on the inside to add depth. 
Here's another close up of the photo and stickers. 
We would love to see your projects this week using the challenge. Please upload them to the Noel Mignon Members page on Facebook so we can see work work! 
Thanks so much for stopping by today and have a great week. I'll be back next week with a project life page using this month's "Vintage Charm" DD Kit!! 

No comments: