Monday, September 12, 2016

"Buttons & Bows" Classic Kit

It's Meridy here!  I've got a double page layout to share with you today using the "Buttons & Bows" Classic Kit.  This week the design team is basing their layouts on...buttons & bows.  So we were challenged to use any combination of buttons, bows, and stitching on our layout.  I decided to use all three!!!


This layout is also my very first attempt at adding water color paint.  I started by loosely laying out where I wanted to place my photos.  Since all I have left of most of these beautiful Fancy Pants "Millie & June" papers are a few tiny scraps, I placed them where I wanted them to go as well.  Then I could tell where the three areas were that I wanted to add a little watercoloring and just went for it.  I just wanted the watercolors to peek out from under the photos.  I am happy with it, especially for my first attempt at using them.



After the watercoloring dried, I began adhering my layers.


After everything was in place I began grabbing embellishments from the kit that coordinated with the colors in the photos.  I love clustering the embellishments on my layouts.  I try to keep a variety of shapes, sizes, and textures in each cluster so they all coordinate and balance one another out.


Finally, I decided to do some zig zag stitching to finish off my layout.  I decided to put the stitching across the top and again at each place where I used the eyelet trim.  I used light blue-green thread to pick up that same color in my photos.


Thank you so much for visiting today!  Come back all week to see how the rest of the design team use buttons, bows, and stitching on their layouts!  



2 comments:

travelsontheblueroads said...

Always love your layouts, Meridy, this one is expecially sweet!

Meridy said...

Thank tou Karen!!!