Monday, September 19, 2016

{Just So Magical} with the "Buttons & Bows" Classic Kit

Happy Monday!  It's Meridy here with a layout using the "Buttons & Bows" Classic Kit.  This week the Design Team is looking at "magical" as inspiration for our layouts.  So I decided to use some photos that looked "magical" to me.  I loved the light of the setting sun hitting the log and my son just on the edge of the forest in these pictures.


I cut apart the Simple Stories yellow patterned paper into a sunburst shape, to mimic the setting sunlight in the photos.  Once I adhered the sunburst rays, I started layering a little more patterned paper, my matted photos, and some washi tape. Next I added my journaling and the date.

Then I moved onto my title.  I used some Thickers from one of my older Noel Mignon kits and paired it with some rub ons from the May 2016 kit and a few embellishments from this month's kit.  After I "kill" a Noel Mignon kit, I take the few bits and pieces that are remaining and keep them in a little dish on my desk, so I can reach for them in the future when I just need one more little detail.  


Next, I added a few more embellishments and some sequins from my stash. And that wrapped up my layout.  


Thanks for joining me today!!!  Stop back all week and see what the other "magical" layouts the design team will share.