Monday, September 5, 2016

Sketch Challenge with the "Buttons & Bows" Classic Kit

Hello again, Meridy here with a couple of layouts to share with you using the "Buttons & Bows" Classic Kit.  This week the Design Team is working with a sketch designed by one of our talented designers, Laura Whitaker.  You can visit Laura's blog for more sketch inspiration at http://scrappinaroundtheclock.blogspot.ca/ and her Instagram at http://instagram.com/whitakerlaura.

I decided to create 2 layouts using Laura's sketch, pictured here.  


The first layout I created is a single page layout that mimics the sketch pretty close.  I decided to us the sketch as Laura created it, and you can definitely tell that the sketch was the inspiration of this layout.


Below are a few detail shots, you can see I've used the puffy stickers and ribbon from the kit as well as some of the die cuts.


I really liked the way the title turned out.  The puffy stickers in the kit worked well for this title, and the flair in the kit is super cute!!!


The next layout I created using Laura's sketch for inspiration is a double page layout.  I simply 
S-T-R-E-T-C-H-E-D the sketch out and used 3 larger photos to make this sketch work for a double pager.  Another option would be to use 6 smaller photos, instead of  the 3 larger ones.  


Here you can see each side of the layout in a little more detail.  I just loved the fact that the papers in this month's kit matched my son's "Wild Thing" photo shoot from earlier this year.



I fussy cut the words "WILD" and "brave" from one of the patterned papers to create my title and subtitle.  I used a few stickers, puffy stickers, and the roller stamp to embellish the title.


The leaves were the perfect addition to the layout, I twisted the "stems" around a toothpick to create the curly que look.


Thank you for stopping by!  Noel is giving away a Daily Diary kit to one lucky US resident.  All you have to do to qualify for the giveaway is create your own layout based on this month's sketch and put a photo of your layout in this  album on the Noel Mignon  Member's Facebook page.  Noel will draw a random name from the entries on September 30, 2016.    You must be a US resident to qualify for the prize, you do not have to use a Noel Mignon kit to create the layout (but I would love it if you did!!!)

Have a great week!!!


2 comments:

Jana Eubank said...

Both of these are soooo pretty! LOOOOOVE!!! :D :D :D

Meridy said...

thank you Jana!!!