Saturday, October 1, 2016

Happy Today | Buttons and Bows Classic Kit

Hello!

It's Laura here with you today sharing a new layout and process video!  This week the DT is creating projects with the theme "siblings"! I decided to document the relationship between my 3 sons.  Not much of a challenge since they are siblings and all, but my boys have a large age difference and two of them are grown up and out of the house so their relationship is definitely something that they need to work at.  I wanted to be sure to document how close these guys are even those they live hours apart.


It is hard to get a photo of these three (or four) together given that we do not live together, so this photo was actually snapped at Christmas time and I have used it in my December daily, which is why I converted it to black and white for this layout.  I am taking creative license to use it again because I am telling a different story this time! You got to do what you got to do!

I went with a more typically layout for me, keeping things really tight and using a smaller photo.  I love the "white" space. 


I loved these Crate Paper hearts but the pink wasn't a good fit for this page, so I flipped it over and wrapped half of it with Washi tape from the kit to sort of mimic the original look of the heart piece.


I pulled elements from the kit to create a grey, teal, yellow and navy colour scheme, and used smaller pieces to layer behind my photo.


My title is a combination of the alpha stickers and a sticker from the Simple Stories sheet, included in the kit, I love combination font titles so this was perfect for me.  Because I wanted my alphas to be grey and yellow, I did have to "make" a "p" and a "y" from other alphas.


As a final step, I added some machine stitching and some splatters of mist.

I have created another process video for this layout, you can check it out below or here on my You-Tube channel!


Supply List: (from the kit) Crate Paper patterned paper "cheery from Cute Girl; Pink Paislee patterned paper's 03, 06 and 18 form Take Me Away; Simple Stories "laugh lots" and "choose happy" from Posh; American Crafts Carefree Thickers; Simple Stories Posh stickers and chipboard; Crate Paper wood accents;  Fancy Pants Millie and June Washi. (from the August kit) Pretty Little Studios cut apart flags. (from my stash) Simple Stories enamel dots; Mr Huey's mist; Martha Stewart bakers twine; Staedtler grey pen; fine tip Sharpie.

Thanks so much for visiting!

No comments: