Saturday, November 26, 2016

Autumn Traditions | All Fall Classic Kit

Hello there!

Laura here sharing a new layout today!  This week the DT members are creating projects about traditions. Our family doesn't have much in the way of Thanksgiving traditions, other than to enjoy a nice meal together.  So I opted to document one of our Fall traditions,  which is to find fun places to go for walks to absorb all of the colours of Autumn.


I had fun making this page, although parts of it got away form me (or my original vision) and other parts were a bit of a struggle.  But that is all part of the journey, right?

After layering up the three patterns that make up my background, I applied Gesso to my page to fade out some of the pattern and make it easier for me to add some paint and mist.


I laid down a base of teal water-colour paints using both a brush and the packaging technique. Once that was looking how I had hoped, I went in with some green, teal, and brick coloured mists and added some splatters to pull the colours from my photo.

Then I used the mask from the kit and gold texture paste from my stash to add  leaves onto my background.  I was going for a "blowing leaves" sort of look, although I am not quite sure I got there.


After my background was complete, I layered my photo onto patterned papers and worked on a main embellishment cluster.  I used a combination of die cut leaves and elements from the kit to adorn the right side of my photo.


My title combines chipboard and alphas stickers, just the way I like it!


I create another smaller cluster on the top left side of my page, I love the way this pulls the colours from the other cluster over here.

I an sharing another process video today, you can watch the video for this layout below or here on my You-Tube channel!


Supply List for the kit:  Simple Stories  Warm & Cozy patterned paper; Pebbles Woodland patterned paper; Jen Hadfield Sprigs patterned paper; Carta Bella Family Gathering and Fall Forest patterned papers; American craft cardstock; Jen Hadfield rub-ons; Pretty Little Studio Oakley Avenue alphas stickers, vellum sticker tape and flair; Maya Road wood buttons; Prima Felt Leaves; Tim Holtz Distress marker; Echo Park brads; Carta Bella Crisp Autumn stencil;. (from my stash:  Sargent Gesso; green and teal Mr. Huey's; Brick Glimmermist; Leow's water colour paints; Heidi Swapp gold texture paste and Color Shine).

Thanks so much for visiting today!

No comments: