Tuesday, December 6, 2016

"Oh What Fun" and a Plaid Challenge

Hi Everyone, Lynn here with my first layout using this month's beautiful "Oh What Fun" Classic Kit. December's Kit is so festive and seriously PACKED with product just in time to document your Holiday Events. 
The team's challenge this week is called "Plaid Tidings". We used Plaid somewhere on our projects. That was easy with this kit - so many plaid options available! I created a tree out of strips of paper for my layout. One of the layers is plaid. Here's my page.
I started by whitewashing a space behind the tree - using gesso and a practically dry brush. I then added layers of paper strips, including a fun piece of vellum from the kit, popping up some of the strips. 
I added several types of embellishments including sequins for some bling. 
I also added some tiny splotches of  Mister Huey's Color Mist in Peppermint to the background and added a piece of ribbon for the tree stump.
Here's one last look at the dimension by popping up some of the paper strips and the acrylic stars.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and hope you have a chance to grab one of these Holiday kits!! 

No comments: