Thursday, February 23, 2017

two more layouts to share

Hello again! 

For this week I have two layouts to share with you using the Happy Together Daily Diary kit. 

This kit has a very Valentines-y vibe but it can be used for every day pages as well, as you can see below. 

I LOVE this fun picture of my daughter, so much, in fact, because some people see her as a shy and quiet girl. From this picture you can tell that it isn't the case. Some people don't know her the way we do. 


I kept the page fairly simple with some pocket page cards and lots of hearts. I helped the page to pop a bit more by creating this fun page border with patterned paper strips and bits of washi tape of varying lengths and widths. I added some texture by stapling the pieces together. 


I love the bold colors of the kit- it's more than just reds and pinks. The yellow and blue give projects a fun pop. I added some cardstock sticker hearts, a chipboard heart and this black and white striped heart that I cut from a pocket page card. 

Here is a detail shot of my paper border:


For my second project I used paper strips again, but in a different way, layering pieces of the 6x6 papers under my photos. 


I added some bits of texture with the pretty pink adhesive lace, some twine, a metal heart clip and chipboard pieces. 


I created the title of my layout by cutting apart a pocket page card and couldn't resist adding some of those cute little hearts. I love the fun expressions on them!

I hope you've found some scrappy inspiration on the blog today. Come back tomorrow for even more!


1 comment:

MarciaD said...

Thanks for the inspiration. Love your style!