Monday, February 6, 2017

Making Valentine's Cards with the "Happy Together" Classic Kit

Happy week before Valentine's Day!  

Before I share my project this week, I want to share my unboxing video of the "Happy Together" Classic Kit for anyone who's interested to see exactly how many goodies come in the Noel Mignon Kits.



In honor of Valentine's Day, the design team is sharing Valentine's specific projects and layouts this week.  I am going to share a set of Valentine's cards that I made with the "Happy Together" Classic Kit.  


There are so many great embellishments (and papers) in this kit, so these cards came together in a snap!

I started with the ribbon on this card, and used a piece of red embroidery floss from my stash to "cinch" the ribbon for some added texture.


Next, I went to the puffy stickers and coordinating cardstock stickers from Pebbles to build up the floral cluster.  I used some pop dots to create the various layers.  Last, I masked off the stamp set to create the "I love u" sentiment. 


I started the second card which was inspired by all of the "xoxo" pieces in the kit.  


Again, I used some pop dots to pop up 2 of the stickers.  I also painted the wood veneers dark, dark gray to match the "xoxo" sticker and bring a little more of that dark gray into the card.  


Finally, for this last card, I was inspired by the tag stickers with the mini hearts punched out of them.  I decided to make them look like they were hanging from the arrow.  I used a piece of baker's twine from my stash.  


I matted the "I love you" puffy stickers on the white cardstock in the kit and fussy cut around them.  this way they stand out on the striped background paper.  



I used a black journaling pen to add a few hand drawn lines to each of the cards and they were all complete!  I would love to see if you make any Valentine's cards with the "Happy Together" Kits.  

Thanks for stopping by today!!!




1 comment: