Thursday, February 2, 2017

So very happy together

Hello again!

It is so great to be back with y'all at Noel Mignon!

This month I will be sharing some projects with you using the "Happy Together" Daily Diary kit. I love that the design team gets to alternate which kit we receive each month so that we get a taste for both the Daily Diary and Classic kits. While I don't tend to scrap very often using pocket pages I was so excited to see the contents of the DD kit and hope that you like what I share over the next few weeks. I think this helps to share the versatility of each of the kits and will hopefully help you to use up your kits to their full potential. Both kits can be used for all kinds of papercrafting projects and are still available for purchase here.

For my first project this month I created this layout using primarily the Simple Stories Love & Adore product from the kit:


I started off with a white cardstock base as I often do and added some spray mist to complement the colors in the product I'd use on the page. 

One thing you might notice that I've done on this layout is that I've used some of the little cards as design elements. The "love" from my title was from a 4x6 Simple Stories journaling card, as was the "xoxo" used at the bottom of my page. Don't be afraid to cut up the cards in your kit to use as a way to spice up your projects. Of course they are also perfect to use as-is in your pocket page spreads.

One of my favorite parts of the Happy Together kits was the pretty pink adhesive lace in the Classic kit. We'd had some in a different shade and because I liked it so much I used it all up. While it wasn't part of the DD kit, Noel happily included some for me to play with and I love the texture it adds to my page. On top of that I added this cute chipboard pennant strip. 


After placing my photograph and a pocket page card to either side I added the "love" piece above the photo. I wanted it to "pop" more so I traced around the letters with a black pen and then added the black and white heart sticker with foam adhesive. I finished off the title with some heart and alpha stickers from the Simple Stories 12x12 sticker sheet.  I wrapped some twine around my photo and left the edges long to add a feminine touch to the girly theme of my layout of my silly/sweet daughters. 


I tend to use mainly handwritten journaling on my projects, which I did here after adding a chipboard heart and some fun labels and tags. I actually liked the front and back of the journaling card so I cut a small strip off of the edge and added the heart print from the reverse side to the front of the card as you see here. 


Thanks so much for stopping by Noel Mignon today! 

We'd sure love to see what you're creating lately and hope you'll come to visit us here again and on our Facebook page. 


1 comment:

Abby R said...

Lovely layout, design is my style. Well done.