Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Every book is an Adventure with the Let's Get Lost Daily Diary and Classic Kits

Hello!  Nicole here today to share a layout that takes the adventure theme to the kits in a different direction.  I recently found these photos of my grandma reading to my little guy.  I knew the colors would play off the colors in the kits perfectly.   For those that have both kits the colors and embellishments really work so well together. 

I started with the black cardstock and pattern papers from the classic kit.  I cut strips of pattern paper and layered them behind my photos.  I then grabbed a few of the journaling cards from the daily diary kit and layered them under the top of my photos.  Using my Silhouette I cut part of my title from the red cardstock in the kit and paired it with one of the glittered thickers to form the title. 

Once the foundation was built I got to work placing the simple embellishments:  flowers, stickers, washi tape, and ribbon. 


I added a "frame" of sorts with a simple white gel pen and a pattern paper.  I kept the overall look to the layout simple and let the pictures and simple embellishments shine. 

Thanks for stopping by the blog!



No comments: