Friday, April 14, 2017

Awesome Traveler - Let's Get Lost Kit (April Classic)

Hi!  Sarah here with my take on an adventurous layout.  Now...this one isn't about a particular event or trip.  This one is about how my younger sister didn't have the most adventurous spirit growing up.  She tended to get moody and whiny when we went on trips.  I have a series of pictures from different places and she just has the best "stink face" in all three photos.  I just had to document this!


I really loved the map paper from Echo Park that was in the kit so I used it to signify the traveling aspect of the photos.  


The title is a mix of the Thickers from the kit and a word sticker from the We R Memory Keepers sticker sheet.  I used the brackets also from the WRMK sheet to emphasize that this is a sarcastic title.  I fussy-cut some of the cameras out of the Echo Park paper to use as embellishments in three different areas.  Adding the yellow puffy sticker from Pink Paislee was the perfect way to finish off that camera!


I also used the "YAY" from the glitter Thickers pack and left out the exclamation point to further add to the sarcasm.  My journaling is right next to it talking about the topic of the layout.


I finished off the photos with some of the WRMK word tiles and used some of the Heidi Swapp Colorshine in Ocean as a finishing touch.  Since the map paper had so much design already, I didn't need to do too much to the layout.  Nice and simple and I love it!

Adventures come in different forms and mean different things to different people.  Do you have a funny story to tell that can be considered an adventure?  Maybe something sarcastic?  I can't wait to see what you make with your kits this month!




No comments: