Thursday, April 20, 2017

Wishes for my girls

Hello again! 

It's hard to believe that another week has gone by. The time is just flying! 

A friend of mine lost her mother just over a week ago and I don't mean to be mushy but times like this, like when my father in law passed away last year, cause me to be a little sentimental. 

We really don't know how much time we have with those we love so it's important to show them our love and make the best of each and every day. 

I have four daughters and while some days they make my hair turn white (seriously- not gray but white) I do love them and am so proud of them for the wonderful girls they are. 

So, here is my project for the week using this month's Daily Diary kit, Let's Get Lost. 


The 2x3" cards are perfect for pocket pages or extra journaling. For this page, though, I used the reverse sides in a grid pattern to add a mix of coordinating designs to my layout. I used a larger 4"x6" card to anchor my title before adding my photo. I used some strips of the washi tape from the kit to add the black and white contrast to the page. 


I trimmed down a 2"x3" card to make a smaller journaling spot. I added lots of chipboard, leather and enamel accents to the layout, including attaching a piece of ribbon to the back of the cute leather circle. 


Here you can see the different layers on my page and some of the embellishments I used. For the top right of the page I cut down the "go see do" card to a smaller size and added a tiny flair and some enamel dots. Noel always adds a beautiful mix of textures to each of her kits and I love the variety that adds to my projects, whether I'm using the Classic kit or the Daily Diary one. 


Thanks for stopping by here today. 

We hope that you have a great rest of your week and don't forget to stop by for the reveal of next month's kit! Visit us at our Facebook page for more details!



No comments: