Friday, May 5, 2017

March 2017 Project Life: May Spring Fling Daily Diary Kit

Hi!  Sarah here with a project life spread using the May Spring Fling Daily Dairy kit.  I chose this month to document with this kit because of the roses and tea pot cards that were PERFECT for documenting the Beauty and the Beast movie we went to see in March.  As it turned out, there were some other elements that were perfect for my spread as well.





To start the month, the main thing I documented was my daughter's 9th birthday party.  She's very artistic and wanted to do a guided art party.  


The paint swatch card from Elle's Studio was perfect for documenting her party.  I had saved a "9" and a transparent "March" circle for her birthday.  I also added a chipboard paint brush (not in the kit) which tied it in nicely.


Towards the beginning of the month, our military base experienced a tragedy.  One of the planes crashed into a field nearby, killing three airmen.  I was really hard.  Although it wasn't my husband's squadron, we all rallied to support the squadron that was affected.  


I was sent an early copy of a book that's coming out later this year from the publishers and I'm SO EXCITED!  It's one of my most anticipated reads for this year.


Those Jillibean Soup puffy stickers???  I can't get enough of them!!!


For the second side of the spread, my main inspiration came from the rose and tea pot 4x6 cards.  Is anything else more perfect for the Beauty and the Beast movie???  


I cut out a rose from one of the 3x4 cards to tie in with the journal card.  I added a Thicker "Love" and added a puffy sticker to the large card.


My daughter wanted to do a page in my journaling bible, which I let her do.  I was nervous, but she did a great job!  I also added that 3x4 card as a filler and put down two little puffy flowers.


I have two cards about reading.  One where I was sick and curling up with Alexander Hamilton, and one journal card about some books I read during two read-a-thons I did that month.


And my a sweet card about Caylan's first real cross-stitch that she completed.  That pink card was perfect, along with the wood circle.


I also had a very sweet letter that a friend sent me in a the mail.  It was one of the best letters I've gotten, so I added some Basic Grey attachment stickers to add as an insert in my album.  I used a strip of the washi from the kit, an envelope I saved and a puffy sticker form the kit to add a little something to it.

Thanks so much for joining me today for this project life spread.  I'm so happy that these kits are helping me to easily keep on top of my album this year!

I can't wait to see how you all are using your May kits!