Thursday, June 29, 2017

Another sketch layout with the Dive In Daily Diary kit

Hello again!

I hope that you are enjoying the sketch layouts shared so far this week and that perhaps you have found some inspiration to create!

I did a Google search for sketches and found some great ones and decided on this one from Shimelle.com.  It is an older sketch but the great thing about sketches is that they can be pretty timeless. I really liked this one and the challenge that it presented for me to do a more simple page design.


This sketch design calls for a large photo on the lefthand side of the page. I opted to fill that space with patterned paper instead, and used a bit larger photo than the sample. One thing to remember about sketches is that you don't have to follow them exactly. Use them as a jumping off point to inspire your project. You can use them as-is, rotate them, change elements around to suit your preferences. 


I kept the title and journaling block on the right side of the page as in the sketch and instead of stars did some handcut hearts that I added to my page. Because I am down to the end of my Dive in Daily Diary kit, I made good use of the scraps I had left. 


The "love you" is cut from one of the 4"x6" cards in the kit. 


Because I am on a bit of a gold kick lately I added some gold glitter washi from my personal supply as well as some of the striped washi from the kit. 


I finished off my page with this cute flair and handwritten journaling on a 2"x3" card. 

No comments: