Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Summer Relaxing with the Dive In Daily Diary Kit

Hey all!  Nicole on the blog today with a new project using the Dive In Daily Diary kit.  This week the theme for the design team is water/swimming.  This photo of my little guy in the backyard came to mind.  He got this kiddie pool last summer and I happened to glance outside when it got a little quiet and found him with his feet up and his head propped up on a ball. It made me laugh and I snapped this photo with my cell phone.



I started by cutting the word summer from the background cardstock from the Dive In Papers.  After the letters were cut out I added a few ink splatters with a watered down mist so the paint was really light.   I then backed each letter with some of the 6x6 papers and 3x4 cards from the kit.


I added a few of the 3x4 cards under the journaling block/picture and added a small piece to the other side of the layout to balance it out.


I finished my title with another Silhouette cut and placed it along the bottom of my layout.  Placing a brad (from my stash) for the dot on the I.

I finished the page off with a few embellishments:  brads, flair, and stickers.  Overall it is a rather simple page, but I love that I could incorporate so many of the patterns from the cards into the title.

I have the cut files available for download on my blog - nstark.typepad.com if you are interested.
Thanks for stopping by the blog today.  I hope you are enjoying your summer, happy scrapping!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

This turned out so cute!