Friday, July 7, 2017

Hamilton Trash: July Limited Edition All Star Kit

Hi everyone!  Sarah here with a layout using the Limited Edition All Star kit that was available during the July reveal.  Since we celebrated Independence Day here in the US this past week, it was the perfect time for it.  When I opened this kit I immediately wanted to scrap this layout of the book and soundtrack of Alexander Hamilton, which I have been loving.  The patriotic colors and theme in this kit was perfect for this layout.



I love every single patterned paper in this kit.  Every. Single. One.  I decided to use my favorite, this blue ombre paper from Pink Paislee as my background.  I used a strip of another Pink Paislee with the stars and stripes on it as a large strip along the side.  The other papers I cut into for layers are all from Simple Stories (the paisley, the confetti dots and the journal card).  I used the Lawn Fawn blue ink to ink up the edges of the papers to help them stand out against each other.


I love the Thickers in this kit and how tall and skinny they are.  I used both the Thickers and the Simple Stories alphabet stickers for the title.  The Pink Paislee puffy stickers are also gorgeous!


The red star ribbon is an awesome way to ground my photos.  I flair badge that says "Let Freedom Ring" was the inspiration for this layout.  The color tones were perfect for my pictures and it reminded me of patriotic topics.


I used a small strip of the red star washi tape to help finish it off.

I absolutely love this kit and I hope you are digging into it if you were able to grab one.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I can't wait to see your layouts using the All Star kit!


No comments: