Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Wall Decor with the Weekend in Paris Daily Diary Kit

Hello everyone!  I hope you are having a wonderful week.  I have been busy with my boys fitting in a few summer activities before school starts next week.  I'm sure I will miss a little of the summer carefree days, but right now I'm ready to be back on a routine.

This week with the kit I created a décor piece for my wall.  I have a wall in my living room filled with 12x12 prints of my boys.  Awhile ago I had new pictures printed to replace some of the older pictures and when I went to rearrange them I couldn't bear to take down any of the pictures.  I got all mommy sentimental and instead my gallery wall grew from 6 pictures to 12.  Unfortunately there is a light switch on this wall and when I hung them up I ended up with a space in between the last row.

I have had that weird gap for a couple of months now trying to figure out what to hang.  I finally decided that I would have to make something to fit that space and while digging around in our shed I found an old piece of wood that would do.  It fits the space and is what I used as my foundation for todays projects.

I pulled the lined/graphed 3x4 cards from the kit and lined them up to cover the length of my wood.  The wood didn't have a totally smooth top and it's actually one of the reasons I picked this piece.  I really like the texture of the grain along the top.  To leave the grain showing I cut all the cards down to fit the smooth top.

One of the journaling cards has the sentiment "you make me happy".  Instead of covering it up I decided to use this as part of my sign.

I used a couple of sheets of 12x12 paper from the paper pack and cut a strip of  Fancy Couture sheet from Carta Bella and placed it along the bottom.  I then fussy cut flowers from the Maggie Holmes flowered paper for my accents.

I used the gold thickers from the kit to spell out "so very" and the swirl font from the Silhouette store to cut out the word happy.  I had my silhouette cut out the word in black cardstock fives times and I stacked these on top of each other to add dimension to the cut.  

Here is a look at my wall with my décor hung in the weird gap left for the light switch.  I have to say I like the wall a whole lot better now.  


Do you use your kits to make home décor projects?  I would love to see if you have.  

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!



No comments: