Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Summer Reading with the Study Guide Classic Kit

Hello everyone!  I am always amazed at how fast little ones learn to read.  At the end of kindergarten last year my little guy was reading.  I encouraged him through the summer to practice and did so by only allowing him the use of his kindle after doing his to do list for the day, which including reading.  It worked pretty well except he only wanted to read three books. 

At least he learned how to read those three books really well, right?  ;)


I started with #23 Pink Paislee pattern paper.  I love that it includes all the colors from the kit.  I then cut a piece of white cardstock and laid that on top.  I decided to choose a center weighted design and cut two more pieces of cardstock to fit the space above my picture.  Both patterns really help support my reading theme for the page.

Once in place I started on the title placing my chipboard stickers right above my picture and then chose to add the small Pink Paislee stickers to the chipboard flag.




I cut the "R is for Reading" from pattern paper and paired it with two shipping tags from my stash.
I layered these together and added a few stickers on top.  

The white space around my title seemed very empty and I filled it with a few of the star chipboard stickers from the Echo Park sticker sheet and a few of the Prima Sugardots.

I thought I was just about finished and felt like I needed a darker base.  I then took my trimmer and trimmed off both sides of my layout and backed the whole thing on a piece of Kraft cardstock.

This months kit works great for school themes, but also if you love reading, learning, or even want to record a few of those long ago childhood memories.

Thanks for stopping by the blog today!  Happy scrapping :)




No comments: