Thursday, September 14, 2017

Using patterned paper for journaling

Hello again!

For our designer challenge this week we were supposed to make journaling the star of our project.

There are many ways to add journaling to a project. You can use hidden journaling on a card behind your photos. You can handwrite it, type it, use stickers or phrases on pocket cards.

There is a piece of Pink Paislee Turn the Page patterned paper (Paper 14) in the Study Guide Classic Kit that I used for my journaling. I handcut strips from that page, which added visual interest along with lots of journaling. I also added handwritten journaling to my page as I usually do. The papers, though, said exactly what I would say to my daughter about her recent gymnastics experience.

I added cork stars to each strip of journaling to add some texture to the page and a bit of contrast to the bright colors.


I love the colorful papers in this kit and they were the perfect backdrop of the black and white photo of my daughter. I used the small gold alphas from last month's kit to create my long layout title. 


Here is one more close-up of my page: 


Thanks so much for stopping by today. 

There are many ways to incorporate journaling into your project- just make sure to include some. I forget the little details sometimes, so I love adding info to my pages. 


Share your journaling projects with us on the Noel Mignon Facebook page.