Wednesday, October 11, 2017

trick or treat!

I am having so much fun playing with the Frightful Limited Edition kit! I wanted to use it to not only create pages but also a bit of decor around the house. I'm slacking on getting my Halloween stuff out so this little project makes me feel like less of a slacker!
I created fun little pinwheels with a few of the different papers by cutting 2"x 12" strips and scoring them every 1/2". I used 2 of these to create each pinwheel. 

Originally I was going to use the whimsical gold thickers in the kit but ended up using the thickers in the Apple Crisp Classic Kit instead since I felt like they would stand out more.
I have a big chalkboard that I made that hangs in my family room and it's perfect for hanging my fun little handmade banners. I used some command hooks to hold the banner up and then used the bat clothespins to mask the hooks.
My 6 yr old came home from school & said "Mom, where did you get this??" When I told her that I made it she said "I love it!!" Score 1 for mom :)
I think it would also be fun to create a "harvest" pinwheel banner to hang up during the month of November from the Apple Crisp Classic Kit

No comments: