Monday, November 20, 2017

{Love You} & {Daddy's Girl} Layouts with the "Home Sweet Home" Classic Kit

Hi friends!!!  If you are in the USA---Happy Thanksgiving Week!!!  It's Meridy here and I have a couple of 12x12 layouts that will face each other in my album, so the supplies coordinate across the 2 pages.  

The pictures are from 2015, and the colors in the "Home Sweet Home" Classic Kit match them so well! 

I started with my favorite papers in this month's kit and then added a few of the die cut pieces.  I decided I wanted to add a couple of flowers to the layout, so I pulled a few from my stash and added crystal gems from my October Noel Mignon kit.  


At this point I was ready to add my title, but the page still looked like it was missing something, I used one of the word stickers that said "love" and I used the Thickers to spell out "you".  I still wanted to add some texture to the layout, so I decided to pull out some embroidery floss and hand stitch around the word "love".  But the stitching kind of got lost with the sticker still attached, so I removed the original sticker and was left with the outline of "love".   This looked so much better to me, so I went with it!


I decided to create the facing layout in my album with the same supplies.  So I started with the same patterned papers and layering those up with my photos.


I wanted to mimic the title on this side of the layout too, but I didn't have any stickers that read "girl", so I made my own template.  After I cut the template from scratch paper, I used a pushpin to poke all of the stitching holes.  I removed the template, divided the 6 strand embroidery floss into 3-strand thickness and went to town stitching around the letters.  Once I began stitching, it took me about 15 minutes to stitch the entire word.   I was hesitant about hand stitching on a layout because of how time consuming I thought it would be, but 15 minutes wasn't bad!  


After this layout, I know I will be hand stitching on more layouts in the future.  I can sit and watch TV while I stitch.  It was relaxing to me!!!

Thank you for stopping by today!  Have a great week!!!




No comments: