Friday, November 10, 2017

Spaghetti Queen: November Home Sweet Home DD Kit

Hi!  Sarah here with my "Mad About Plaid" challenge this week.  It was fun digging through the kit and finding the plaid papers to use.  


I used the Simple Stories squared paper to kind of mimic a plaid pattern as my background.  Then I used the 6x6 red plaid paper and pulled a multicolored piece of plaid from a Jen Hadfield paper pack from my stash.  


The Thickers gave this layout a nice homey feel as well with the texture on them.  I also cut the pink heart from one of the Project Life cards from the kit.


The tag isn't plaid, but it does echo the squares in the background paper so I was able to tie that in nicely.  I also pulled some Elle's Studio die cuts that are food themed in to help with the overall theme of the layout.  The grey ties in nicely.


The house and sentiment are both cut from Project Life cards from the kit and I used another Elle's Studio die cut here to help tie in the blue from the tag.  I used some Prima gems from last month's kit and also the Carta Bella epoxy stickers to finish it all off.

Thanks so much for joining me this week!  We'd love to see you use your plaid elements from the kits and share your layouts in the members Facebook group!


No comments: