Friday, February 23, 2018

Georgia O'Keefe Museum: February "So Sweet" Classic Kit

Hi all!  Sarah here with my last layout using February's So Sweet classic kit.  This week, we are being challenged to use a grid or circle design.  I wanted to do the grid because I have these awesome pictures from a recent trip we took to Santa Fe, NM.  We took our daughters to the Georgia O'Keefe museum because my older daughter loves art and we wanted to take her to a real art gallery.  She loved it!


I used the Authentique plaid paper as my border and then the white cardstock as my background.  For the grid, I took my cardstock to my sewing machine and stitched out the lines in a cream thread.


I used the small American Crafts letter stickers for my title since my blocks were on the smaller side.  Around each small 2x2 photo, I did a double outline with my pen to help anchor them a bit.  I love the look of the Pretty Little Studio word strips inside the metal frame.


For the journaling, I cut down one of the die cut tags to fit in the square.  I love the little detail the florals add.  The chipboard "love" from Simple Stories fit perfectly in the squares and I love it!


I added the year in the letter stickers on top of the chipboard doily and also some florals and the key at the bottom.  The large gold heart helped to balance out the metal frame on the opposite corner.

I love how this layout turned out, it might be a new favorite!  Thanks so much for joining me today!


No comments: