Friday, March 16, 2018

Taco Friday: You Go Girl Daily Diary Kit

Hi!  Sarah here with a layout using the You Go Girl daily diary kit.  When I saw the "Taco Tuesday" sticker in the Pebbles package, I knew exactly what layout I would make.  My girlfriends (and occasionally my husband) go out every Friday night and have tacos.  It was perfect!


I used a background paper from my stash since the only paper I have left to use in the kit didn't fit the look I was looking for.  I pulled out this neutral paper to use which had the top patterns and stars and the bottom drops already printed on it.  I also pulled the large gold doily and the blue branding strips with hearts from my stash as well.


For my title, I knew I had to use that "Taco Tuesday" sticker as a part of it.  For the rest of the title, I did a little take on the quote from The Lego Movie where Wyldstyle talks about Taco Tuesday turning into Freedom Friday...but still on a Tuesday.  So I took that to influence my title for "Taco Tuesday...but on a Friday."  I took two of the 6x6 pattern papers to layer behind my two photos which are both 4x4 sized.


For the outsides of the photos, I used a few stickers to embellish it.  On the right side here I used a Pink Paislee epoxy sticker and two Pebbles puffy stickers.  The little BFF phone was awesome because these girls are my BFFs!


For the left side I cut out this quote from one of the 6x6 papers that says "happy girls are the prettiest" because we are happy when we have tacos. And the #girlsquad was great, and I did preface in my journaling that it's always us girls and occasionally my husband, lol!

Thanks so much for joining me today!  I can't wait to see what you're making with this month's kits!


No comments: