Monday, May 7, 2018

Our Favourite Trip

Happy Monday Everyone! Danielle here with a new mixed media layout using the Enjoy The Journey Classic Kit


I was drawn to the Turquoise American Crafts Cardstock that was included in the kit. Right away I picked through my stash of Faber Castell Gelatos and came up with a watery colour palette.


I added some gesso to a piece of American Crafts White Cardstock from my stash. Next I grabbed the pack of Crate Paper Here & There Rub Ons from the kit and randomly used them in a circle around the page. ( Tip - as a former scrapbook stash hoarder, don't let your rub on sit around... as time goes by they don't hold up, so use them up while they are new!!! )


The rub ons will act as a resist when you apply Gelatos, or even watercolour paints over them. I used a piece of the plastic package from the rub ons, scribbled the gelatos on, then spritzed with water and mixed together with a paintbrush, then flipped the plastic over on to my paper to achieve this cool watercolour effect.


I used several different ink pads from my stash and the Crate Paper Here & There roller stamp from the kit, and stamped random phrases around the layout.


The ribbon that was included in this months kit was perfect for stitching a little ruffle at the top of the page for more texture.


I fussy cut the word "TRIP" out of one of the embellishments in the kit, then used the roller stamp on top of it.


To finish off the layout I used Sequins, Gold Mist and White Thread for more detail.


Thanks for stopping by! What have you created with this months kit? Don't forget to share it over on the Facebook Group.



3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this! LOVING the way you used the rub ons!!!!!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Wow!! I love this, it is beautiful!!

Danielle Higginbottom-Brown said...

Thank you so much!!!!!