Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Travel More banner with the Enjoy the Journey Classic Kit

Hello everyone!  Nicole here on the blog today to share with you a banner I put together using the Enjoy the Journey Classic Kit.  My family isn't known to take many trips and I can count on one hand how many we have gone on since my husband and I were married.  As our boys have started to get older I regret the trips we haven't taken.

When this months kit came I decided to make decor to remind me of our new goal of taking the trips. 



I cut from the cream cardstock the center banner with my Silhouette.  Using yarn I cross stitched the heart in the center of the banner and embellished with the Jillibean Soup felt flowers and a piece of flair.  The words on the flair read "Travel More".  :)


The pennants on either side of the center are pattern papers trimmed to size.  I decided to keep these two simple and then embellish the two outer pennants.  


(Pay no attention to my perpetual calendar . . . I have been awful at changing that thing . . . )


The outside pennants I cut from a couple of the neutral pattern papers.  These I embellished with die-cuts, cork, and rubons from the kit.  



Once the pennants were all finished I thread them on baker's twine from a previous Noel Mignon kit and tied ribbons from the kit in between the pennants.  I love the results of this cute banner and it will be a fun reminder through the summer of our push to do the trips, have no regrets, and make the memories.  

Thanks for stopping by the blog, Happy Scrapping!






1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is FABULOUS! LOVING the stitched heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!